Saturday, January 12, 2008

12 of 12 (3) - January 2008

The first 12 of 12 in 2008! A Happy New Year to everybody!! Hopefully, this will be the first year where I do all 12 of 12's, since I only started participating in March 2007. 12 of 12 is the brainchild of Chad Darnell.


01) 00:58
Okay, technically not one but three pictures, but all taken within seconds. I liked them all, so I included them. I was talking to Kerri via IM, and these pictures describe the history of a reply: type-check-like. :lol:


02) 11:08
Santa's last day, at least until December. Immediately after taking this picture, I put Santa back in the closet where he can sleep for the next 10.5 months.


03) 15:55
The Dresden Frauenkirche in the late afternoon light. Lovely!


04) 15:56
View to Dresden Castle. Lots of construction work going on around the Neumarkt.


05) 15:57
My dad, paying the parking garage ticket.


06) 15:58
In the parking garage.


07) 16:03
Now on the way back home. Unfortunately a little blurry, but I still like it. You can see a tram coming.


08) 16:05
Dresden city hall. The light is lovely.


09) 16:07
Still on the way back home, Dresden at dusk.


10) 16:09
Still on the way back home, more Dresden at dusk.


11) 18:10
My mom is making each of us a Martini rosso with lemon. I love this picture because the Martini seems to be frozen in mid-air, since it hadn't reached the glass yet when the picture was taken.


12) 20:08
While trying to sort through and put in order my box of sweets, my mom accidentally held an open bag the wrong way and spread a load of gummi bears throughout my living room. So much for more order. :lol:

See you next month!

17 Comments:

Dogeared said...

I think photo 10 is my favourite :D

And Kerri was online? I need to sign into MSN more often :(

And and, having now started the German course, I can hear the correct pronunciation of "Neumarkt" in my head - "neu" always came out as "noo" before, but now I know it's more like "noy"! :D

Pete Cullen said...

Thanks for sharing the pics Christin, Dresden looks really nice!

graphsman said...

I really love the third shot ! It reminds me my trip to Germany !! Great pics !

Allison said...

Ooh, I like #10 too. Very pretty little clouds. And #3. And that is a very cute Santa!

My day is only partway through -- don't have plans to leave the house yet so I'll have to see what kind of pics I can come up with!

Poun said...

Dresden seems to be a very pretty city :-D

Gummmmmmmyyy beearrsss...hummmm...lol !

Anonymous said...

Picture 6: One of "Knubbels" big brothers (or is it a sister;) )!!!

Kerri said...

I'm partial to the first set of pictures. :) Although, 8 & 10 are really pretty.

Scooter said...

Your pix are amazing. I especially love the Dresden Frauenkirche!!! It looks good enough to be a postcard.

Anonymous said...

Da hattet Ihr aber viel schöneres Wetter als wir hier im Westen :( Hier hat es fast den ganzen Tag nur geregnet. Und danke, dass Du mein altes Auto fotografiert hast :) Auch wenn ich meinen neuen Smarties liebe, vermisse ich doch seinen Vorgänger ab und an.
Liebe Grüße (auch an den armen Santa) Nici

Matt said...

The Frauenkirche is absolutely stunning. Actually Dresden looks beautiful overall. I'll stop by one of these days!

Zippy said...

The Frauenkirche is gorgeous!! And I love how you captured twilight in Dresden - it's my favorite time of day and the clouds look beautiful.

Hibe said...

Hello Christin,
This is Hibe (aka Gary) again. I’m participating in the 12 of 12 challenge also. I have included in my 12 of 12 homepage a link to the page you listed with Chad. If this is not permissible with you, please email me Hibe@rcn.com or drop a comment at http://hibes12of12.blogspot.com/ . Please feel free to post my link if you wish.

Great pics of the city. Look for more next month.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! I'd love to visit Dresden some day. It looks gorgeous!!

Bonnie said...

These are gorgeous! Wow!

Lisa B said...

Lovely pics of Dresden, particularly like the Frauenkirche, I can see I am going to be tempted to join this challenge next month

am said...

I keep going back to the Frauenkirche photo... so lovely in that light. A great day of photos!

Linda said...

Great pics! Dresden is very pretty. :)

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com