Tuesday, August 12, 2008

12 of 12 (3.0) - AUGUST 2008

It's this time of the month again! *happydance* 12 of 12 is the brainchild of Chad Darnell. Just go to his blog for his 12 of 12 and the 12 of 12's of many other people from all around the globe. :) Mine is actually more of 17 of 12 this month -- I got a little excited. *blush*

8:30
The obligatory alarm clock shot.

8:42
The first thing I did after waking up was turn on the TV for the Olympics. This is our women in the 10m platform diving competition. No medal for us this time...

8:58
Breakfast on the couch.

13:20
I had to go to the post office to send a letter to my mom. Just as I was about to leave it started to rain.

13:21
Christin was not amused.

13:33
Post box in front of the post office.

13:40
I already saw this on my way out, glued to the front door of our building. It's a letter from our superintendent, complaining about a white paint stain in front of the door and asking for the delinquent to remove it or else the whole house will have to pay for a professional removal. :o

13:40
The object of dispute. No way, I'm not going to pay for this to be removed!

16:48
Taking a break from working on my thesis, I got inspired to write something non-thesis-related for a word/photo prompt on a message board. This is the first draft, still lacking some formatting and editing.

17:43-18:23
Olympics!! Our 3rd and 4th Golds for today, sport: eventing! This was very fascinating! I was so excited so I took quite a few pictures and then couldn't decide, which ones to post so I posted all of them. :D




19:40 & 19:47
Anatomy of a salad.

20:15
I've entered a photo competition on a German website (something like Facebook). It's titled "MeinVZ verbindet" (something like "'German FB lookalike' connects people") and the photos they are looking for should show people/animals/things that are in some way connected. The three best pictures will be published in a monthly magazine and will win a dSLR! I'll keep my fingers crossed. The second picture shows which photo I've submitted. It's from my 366 blog.

See you next month for my birthday 12 of 12. :D

6 Comments:

Polt said...

"Christin was not amused" heheheehhehe...very funny. :)

HUGS...

Pete Cullen said...

We had funny weather here too, so much for the summer!

Nice pics too Christin, and there is no way you should pay to have that paint cleaned!

Lisa B said...

Looks a great day apart from the rain!

Hibe said...

Good luck with the contest. I'll take the rain. A rainy day is a good day for me... I don't have to work as long or as hard usually. DO the horses get medals too and how do they know if the horses are really german and not from another country?

Great pictures once again.

Martini Dan said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing your day!

Dogeared said...

I hope you don't have to pay for the pain removal! And good luck with the photo competition - great idea for the photo! [hug]

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com