Saturday, May 12, 2007

12 of 12

Another 12 of 12! And it's a Saturday, which means that I actually had something interesting to do! To see what everyone else's day looked like, see Chad's blog.


1) 02:30
These boots were made for dancing... Just came home from a night of Dixieland at a club. Fabulous!


2) 11:00
Waking up...


3) 11.30
An apple-cinnamon muffin for breakfast...


4) 14:45
Done washing and drying my hair. It takes 45 minutes of blow-drying to make it look this good...


5) 15:45
Enjoying some self-cooked rhubarb. Yummy! I love its typical mixture of sweet and sour.


6) 16:30
Ready to go, everything I need is packed up in my new purse, which I bought 2 weeks ago.


7) around 17:25
It's the annual Dixieland Festival in Dresden - the biggest Dixieland/Jazz festival in Europe! There are Jazz and Dixieland Bands in every club and every corner of the city. Thousands of Dixieland fans are crowding the inner city...


8) around 17:30
...and that's what will be left of them at the end of the day...


9) 17:50
Going with the flow of the crowd. Target: the building on the right side of the picture.


10) around 18:15
Listening to The Dixie Ramblers from Belgium. I already heard them at the club I went to last night with a friend and they were really great! So I was more than happy when I read that they'd be playing today outside a building that is only a mere 100 feet away from the building I was supposed to be in later on.


11) around 18:30
I liked the reflection in the mirrored windows of the building.


12) 18:55
From Dixieland to Bach - after listening to the Dixieland Band I went around the corner to "my" church. We had a rehearsal at 7 pm for our 8 pm concert.


13) Bonus pic: Dreamscapes
I took this picture in March 2006, on a choir trip to Japan.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Christin,
danke für die Bilder. It seems you really had a wonderful day... :O)
Grüße aus dem Süden.
Steffi.

CondoBlogger said...

Looks like you had a beautiful day!

Dogeared said...

I want an apple-cinnamon muffin now [tummy rumble].

Lovely pictures, Christin, and looks like you had a lot of fun with the Dixieland festival!

Paige said...

THe festival sounds like loads of fun! I love the picture of the church. Looks like you had a great weekend. Great post!
~ CC

Kerri said...

Those muffins look great! I like the new purse and the festival looks like a fun time. You know, every time I see a picture of your church I can't get over how beautiful it is.

Zippy said...

You had a fab day! Love the reflection picture. And pass those muffins this way!

Michele

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com