Wednesday, September 12, 2007

12 of 12 September

It's 12 of 12 time again. (See Chad Darnell's blog for details.) And it's my birthday!! It wasn't a fancy birthday with lots of activities and different locations, but a lovely day nonetheless.


1) 00:00
Happy birthday to me. *cheers*


2) 00:01
Meet Lexie, the newest addition to my household. It's this year's birthday present to myself.


3) 00:45
The birthday cake is baking in the oven. As always, when things aren't supposed to go wrong, they usually do. So, the cake crept out of the pan. lol


4) 00:55
While I'm waiting for the cake to finish baking, I do what I've done for most of the days recently: study for my next big exam a week from today...


5) 01:15
IM'ing with Helen (fellow 12 of 12'er). She stayed up past midnight (her midnight) to wish me a happy birthday. :)


6) 08:00
I was awoken by an unexpected phone call. Yes, it's my birthday and phone calls aren't really that unexpected, but I didn't expect a call from this specific caller... After breakfast, I went to the copy shop, then to the library and did more reading once I got home.


7) 13:00
Reading is exhausting, so it was time to take a nap. lol


8) 15:15
Checking the message board I post at I saw all these lovely birthday posts for me. :)


9) 17:45
Finished setting the table for tea and cake with two of my closest friends who arrived shortly after.


10) 20:50
We went on a little shopping hunt to buy an adapter that connects my PC screen to Bert, my MacBook. The stores we checked first didn't have one, so we went to a third shop and although they had already closed they sold us an adapter. This is one of my friends doing the actual connecting work.


11) 21:30
And it's done! :)


12) 23:20
The inauguration of the double screen: watching an Alias episode with Helen - the video on one screen and the chat window on the other.


This was my birthday. :)


The theme for this month's bonus picture is "unexpected". I don't have an idea yet, but maybe I'll add a picture later on.

12 Comments:

Dogeared said...

It was worth being a bit tired this morning, staying up to say Happy Birthday! And yay, one photo of our chat, and another of our chat/epsiode watching! Look, it's Worried!Vaughn :grin:

Happy Birthday again - it looks a good 12 of 12 for you!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! And Happy Birthday!! :)

Poun said...

Happy Birthday...woohoo!!!
the cake looked delicious
great pics, and yay Alias (i miss it!!)

Elaine said...

Awww, I love that you and Helen were in the 12 of 12 together! I hope you had a great birthday! I included a little something special for you at my 12 of 12! ;-)

Allison said...

Awww! What a fun 12 of 12! The first one is a really pretty picture of you. I love the two-screen set up. Man, I'd love to figure out how to do that. And as Elaine said, it's very fun to "see" Helen in your 12 of 12 too. What good fortune you had too, to get that part you needed even though the store was closed! Sounds like it was a great birthday. :)

techiegurl said...

oooh you got yourself a dual screen setup!! :lovely:...this is my dream thesse days!..happy Birthday Christin :hug:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Cat! ;)

Anonymous said...

Dann ein wenig verspätet: HERZLICHEN GLÜCKWUNSCH zum Geburtstag nachträglich :) Der Kuchen sieht ja lecker aus *sich ein Stück klau*. Der iPod ist wirklich schick. Seit wann gibt es die in farbig?
Oh, und viel Glück für Deine Prüfung. Ich habe zum Glück Pause bis Februar und warte momentan noch auf das Ergebnis meiner Diplomarbeit.

LG
Nici

Scooter said...

Happy what? Happy birthday!!!
Great pix, too!

Bego said...

Well Happy Birthday! That cake looks good!

CMC said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I LOVE Alias! Miss it but at least we have the DVDs to see Sydney Bristow kick some butt! : )

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of you. Its a really great pic!

The cake looks so yummy, even if its rising out of the pan.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com