Monday, January 14, 2008

Quote of the Week

I've decided to start a new tradition this year for my blog, which I'll call "Quote of the week". First, it will get me to post more regularly, second there are some really funny quotes out there, and third it'll be nice to have a few picture-less posts every once in a while. ;)

While we were in New York (story and picture post still to come), Kerri found this great book in the Barnes & Noble at Union Square and it was so hilarious that she decided to suspend her rule of not buying any new books as long as she has unread books on her shelf and bought it. It's called "Overheard in New York" and contains quotes of random people, overheard by other random people in the streets, buses, subways or other locations in New York City. There also is a website, where people can post the things they overhear.

I'm going to start this tradition with two quotes, since I've been using one as a signature on a message board I visit, and even though I'm going to put in a different one later, it's too funny not to be posted here as well. I'll just back-date it. ;)

Here they go...

Quote of the Week -- week 2 of 2008:
College kid #1: I want to see the Messiah.
College kid #2: Like, actually? Or Händel?
College kid #1: ... Händel.

Overheard in New York @ Lincoln Square


Quote of the Week -- week 3 of 2008:
Old Brit, pointing to float: Who is that?
Wife: Oh, come on, Bill.
Old Brit: No, really. Is it Joey the Clown or something?
Wife: It's a symbol of America!
Old Brit: [Confused silence.]
Wife: It's Ronald McDonald!

Overheard in New York @ Macy's Parade, Columbus Circle

0 Comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com