Tuesday, May 13, 2008

12 of 12 (2.0) - May 2008

Another 12th, another 12 of 12. See Chad's website for the days of other 12 of 12'ers.


01) 08.48
Wakey-wakey... Meet Jeannie, my little fluffy bed kitty.


02) 08.48
And the alarm clock up close. Yeah, it really is time to get up... Today is a holiday in Germany, so I was able to sleep in a little.


03) 10.35
I took my time this morning, so it was a while before I had decided on my clothes for the day. Here they are...


04) 12.47
The top C is back! :w00t: I had lots my top C for a while, for no particular reason, at least none that I know of. I was listening to one of my favorite CDs (Renaissance music) and there's a piece that we once did that requires several top C's, which I once had. I thought I could at least try, just for fun. And there they were. All of them! :relieved: It's back, and with a vengeance. :lol:


05) 13.58
The poker set I acquired on ebay. Tonight is its premiere. I've invited a few friends from one of my choirs and we're going to try our hands at Texas Hold'em poker.


06) 14.17
I've never played poker before and since I share that fact with most of tonight's poker stars I printed out the rules and a quick overview of the winning hands. *lol*


07) 15.23
Enjoying some relaxing time in the sun, working on my tan. The weather was perfect today!


08) 17.13
Preparations complete. Meet my little poker buffet.


09) 20.22
My lovely little poker round.


10) 20.22
Strategizing...


11) 20.23
"You trying to sneak a peek?"


12) A little after 2 am, the last guest just left...
I know it's not the 12th anymore, but I got stuck at 11 and needed another one. Changing into my pj's I was very happy to see a slight tan line, which made me quite happy. Just thought I'd share my joy with y'all. *lol*


That's all, folks. See you next month.

10 Comments:

Allison said...

Looks like a really fun party! Good idea to go with poker. Glad you got some sun too. Send some our way? Though I got sunburned on Sunday, it's going to snow 1 to 3 inches in the morning. :blink:

Paksen said...

I'd need a cheat sheet to to play poker... even after watching it on TV.
If I had a tan line like that, it'd be gone by morning.

Paksen

Lipp said...

Hey nice tan!
How do you like that new über thin & cool keyboard?

Dogeared said...

I got a bit confused by the top C thing at first, but you sing and the computer records it? Or are you singing from the sheet music on the screen? Either way, yay for you getting your top C back.

And the poker night sounds cool - fun, friends, food and drink, doesn't get much better than that.

And yay for the start of a tan! Slow and gentle is the way ;-)

Anonymous said...

Fun photos! Good luck with the top Cs. :)

Pete Cullen said...

I hope you owned all at the poker! Good tactics trying to put people off my photographing them :)

Anonymous said...

Fun pics! :)

In case you don't go back to mine... Here's the story on the subway station...

It's not that I'm "only" allowed to use it. It's that I have permission. When a show was playing close to there, I had been talking with one of the actors afterwards (we'd talked a good bit and while not friends are slightly more than actor/fan), and then she went down that stairway with her husband, who had joined us mid-conversation/her giving me advice on my disappearing voice. I didn't want to seem like a stalker (even though that's the trains I use) so I walked up to another entrance on 42nd Street. In the rain. She heard about it from a mutual friend and jokingly gave me "permission" to use that stairway the next time I saw her. :)

Anonymous said...

That poker game looks like fun!

I love your watch tan line. I always forget to take my watch off too when tanning.

I actually visited your beautiful country last Christmas/Silvester Day. I was in Peine, Ilsede, Goslar, and then on to Berlin for Silvester. I cannot wait to go back this winter!

Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

Zippy said...

Awesome poker party! I'm jealous. Usually I only get to play poker over Christmas with my family.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com