Thursday, June 12, 2008

12 of 12 (3.0) - June 2008

My June 12th was supposed to be much more exciting than it turned out to be because I didn't feel well at all today and had to cancel choir practice and didn't get to do other fun things. But at least there was football/soccer, which meant that I got at least a few pictures together. *lol* For more 12 of 12's, visit Chad's blog. He's the genius behind all this. :)


8:50
I was up before that actually, but I suddenly remembered that it was the 12th so I looked for a clock for my first picture - like always, it seems. *lol*
11:14
I called in sick at work today but that didn't mean that I had nothing to do for work. So it was actually a work-from-home day. This is getting started on the reading part of the assignment...

12:20
...and now onto the typing part.
14:39
Taking a break from typing for some more reading. *lol*
16:38
Despite my condition (or actually because of it) I had to go to the supermarket to get some things. I had decided not to go to choir practice by then so I thought I could at least make the best of it and bought a pizza to go with the football/soccer matches.

16:39
I get a little patriotic during sports tournaments. *lol* This is the flag that adornes the rear shelf of my car.

16:39
And a slightly blurry close-up without the rear window.

18:43
Close to the end of the first half of Croatia v. Germany it's pizza time!

18:43
Things are not looking to well for Germany at this point. And it got even worse. The match ended 1-2 for Germany. *sob* Maybe the next match will be a little more cheerful...

22:29
Not looking well for Austria either. :( Well, in order to not get even more depressed I turn to some other things...

22:31
...like a glass of white wine, watching videos on youtube and chatting with a friend. :)

22:49
Things actually did finish on a happy note. Austria tied thanks to a penalty kick. Now I can go to bed a little happier. I'm still not back to feeling a 100%, but at least I had some fun today, even without choir practice. *nod*

Good night!

8 Comments:

Dogeared said...

I feel your pain (literally!). Wish I could call in sick tomorrow, but I bet I'll feel OK enough to go to work *grumble*.

Sorry about the Germany/Croatia result. I'd have thought you'd be happy about the Austria one - the worse they do, the better Germany's chances of going through, right?

Love the flag in your car - embrace the patriotism, even if it's only temporary for the Euro 2008! (not saying you're not other times but you know, we tend to be moreso during times like this)

[hug]

Lisa B said...

Hope you feel better soon and that the football results improve too!

Lipp said...

Working on a sick day? I hope that takes it off your permanent record.

Scooter said...

Fun pix. Sorry about the game. :(

Zippy said...

Sorry you're not well, had to work from home (*gak!*) and then watched a bum game! But you did have PIZZA and WINE! Yippee!

Martini Dan said...

Thanks for the great photos of your day. Fell better soon.

Susan said...

hope you are feeling better soon!! and that pizza looked great!

Hibe said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. Don't forget to take your vitamins and get plenty of rest.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com