Wednesday, November 12, 2008

12 of 12 (3.0) - NOVEMBER 2008

Welcome to my November 12 of 12! For the first time since I've been participating I've actually thought about not participating this month for three reasons:
1) My thesis is due in 18 days, so there should be more pressing things on my mind than taking 12 pictures of my day.
2) Writing my thesis means that I wouldn't leave the house and I've shown you my share of in-house days since March last year, so why add another? :D
3) I'm sure there was a third one but I can't remember it right now.

Well, as you can see, I ignored those reasons and did it anyway. :D This is still Chad's brainchild and his blog is still the place to go for seeing everyone else's days.

Here we go!

1) 08:04
Goooood morning! The weather seems to be okay for the day. 4 days ago, Dresden finally emerged from having been fogged in for more than a week! It looks cold. *freezing*

2) 08:22
Part of my daily morning routine is to solve my "Puzzle of the Day" on Facebook. (Jigzone application) This looks solvable. *nod*

3) 08:29
And done! Not a bad time...
4) 10:09
Today's task: transform these notes and texts into thesis chapters. Only 18 days left...
5) 13:40
Lunchtime!


6) 13:40
One of the things that gets me through my final thesis writing days: lemon tea. Usually two pitchers per day.
7) 14:19
Just got off the phone with one of my choir directors, the one from the church you can see on the small outer display of my mobile. :D

8) 15:00
I usually opppose indulging in Christmas-y pastries and delicacies before Christmas, but when I saw them at the supermarket I craved these gingerbread biscuits, so here I am. Indulging. :D

9) 16:03
I was a soloist at a concert on Sunday (the only non-professional singer of the quintet of soloists!) and my mom had asked me if there had been a critique in one of the newspapers. So I looked online and indeed! There was one. They only wrote a very short passage about me, but what this passage entailed can only be described as a rave review. *biggrin*

10) 16:51
The sun is gone...
11) 17:20
...and only half an hour later it is completely dark outside and the moon is the only light. I hate November. :(
12) 21:02
Watching Clear and Present Danger, one of my favorite Harrison Ford films. I've also read lots of Tom Clancy novels. I love political thrillers! Yesterday they showed Patriot Games, which is the precessor of CaPD.

13) Bonus pic:
Some flowers for you, Chad. :) Hope everything will be alright! You're in my prayers.

See you in December when I don't have to write my thesis anymore! There's something to look forward to...

6 Comments:

Hibe said...

Congratulations on your solo and subsequent rave review!!! You really made me hungry with that salad and those cookies. Love your bonus photo too. I like starting my day (and brain) with puzzles and brain teasers too. Sorry to hear you don’t like the shorter days. I kind of look forward to them because it means shorter work days and more time to relax for me. Looking forward to seeing your December 12.

Lipp said...

Love the different timed shots of Dresden (out your window?)

Pete Cullen said...

Good luck with the remaining 17 days of your thesis Christin, I'm sure those very tasty looking biscuits will help you along :)

Dogeared said...

But we get to see your thesis work, which is a big part of your life right now... and yikes! Every time I think about studying again, I remind myself how much I hated essays and exams [lol].

Here's to finishing and being able to relax! And although I couldn't understand the review, I spotted your name :D

Anonymous said...

Die Kritik ist ja wohl der HAMMER!!! Herzlichen Glückwunsch, dass du erwähnt wirst!

Und ich drücke dir die Daumen für deine Arbeit.

Steffi.

Willena said...

Hey, good luck on your thesis. I'm currently putting my proposal together. Five more days til I am turning that in.

Chad's Friend,

Willena

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com