Monday, March 26, 2007

YouTube find of the day

I found this on YouTube a couple of minutes ago and I think it's awesome:



The two are very, very talented, yet not free of faults, which makes them all the more likable. I spent 12 years of my life playing the violin, but I never got this good (though I'm proud to say that I played first violin in J.S. Bach's Christmas Oratorio twice, which is a pretty good thing to achieve when you're not a professional violinist).

I have three professional violinists in my family - two aunts and an uncle. My grandfather has been building violins for more than 30 years now. I play his "Number 8" out of a current total of more than 40. He is currently working on his first cello. My parents were spared from musician genes, instead they directly transferred them to me. At one point I played violin, piano and organ and I've been singing in choirs for more than 15 years. Singing is what I'm really good at. Maybe - one day - I'll be able to turn that into my profession...

1 Comments:

Dogeared said...

Quite the musical family you have!

I STILL don't know how to embed a YouTube video into my Blog. I tried copying the text they have for "Blogs", the one that begins <.url> (inserted the . there to stop it being broken code), but it never works!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com